Public Fingerprinting is by Appointment Only
Fingerprinting is scheduled for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 6:00 pm–8:00 pm and Saturday from 10:00 AM- 12:00 PM. Please call the Monroe Police Department at 203-452-2830 one hour before the scheduled times to book your appointment and ensure a detective is available. Your appointment should last approximately 15 minutes.
Public fingerprinting is only for Monroe residents or employees needing fingerprints for employment in Monroe or if you're conducting business in Monroe.
Before Making an Appointment you Must
Pre-Enroll in CT Criminal History Request System using a "Service Code"
- The Connecticut agency, entity, or person asking you to be fingerprinted will provide you a 'Service Code' for Pre-Enrollment.
- Ask your Employer for a code to Pre-Enroll
- At times your employer will do the pre-enrollment for you, ask your employer for the pre-enrollment email containing your tracking number and a bar code (see below).
- Pistol Permits CLICK HERE for instructions
- Vendor Permits CLICK HERE for instructions
Pre-Enroll CLICK HERE
Only make fingerprint appointments when you have the pre-enrollment email containing your tracking number and bar code for fingerprints, please print the email and bring it with you to the Monroe Police Department.
We book appointments one hour before our scheduled fingerprint times. To book an appointment call 203-452-2830 one hour before, the day you want to be fingerprinted. (Example: for a Saturday appointment call beginning at 9 am to book an appointment for the scheduled times 10:00 am through 12 pm)
SERVICE CODE or CCHRS Pre-Enrollment Registration is NOT needed if: you need to get fingerprinted for a Non-Connecticut, OUT OF STATE Agency needing FBI FINGERPRINT CARDS such as out-of-state: Insurance/Finance/Nursing/Medical Licenses; or Out of State Pistol permits or you are taking the fingerprint cards with you to be mailed to another State. You still MUST be a Monroe Resident to be printed.