The Assessor’s Office ensures Monroe property owners share the tax burden through the discovery, listing, and equitable valuation of all real estate, business personal property, and motor vehicles in accordance with governing state statutes and the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice. The overwhelming majority of the town’s revenue is generated through the assessment process.
Primary Programs & Services
- The primary function of the department is the development, oversight, and management of the Town’s annual Grand List.
- Implements state mandated town‐wide property revaluations every 5 years.
- Updates and maintains accurate property record and assessment information.
- Generates and files mandatory reports for the State of Connecticut as prescribed by state statute.
- Administers various town and state mandated exemption programs.
- Generates valuation estimates for prospective real estate projects.
- Provides property valuation, exemption information, mapping, and ownership records to the general public.
News & Announcements
- 2023 Personal Property Declarations are now available at www.monroect.gov/p/personal-property. All Personal Property Declarations are due back in the Assessor's Office by close of business on Wednesday, November 1, 2023 to avoid the state-mandated 25% penalty.
- All PA-490 Forest & Farm Land classification applications are due by October 31, 2023.
- The Board of Assessment Appeals will be meeting on Friday, September 22, 2023 from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm in Conference Room 204 at the Monroe Town Hall to hear appeals of motor vehicles from the 2022 Regular Motor Vehicle Grand List and 2021 Supplemental Motor Vehicle Grand List.
2019 Property Revaluation Project Information
- The Town of Monroe completed the last revaluation of all Real property as of October 1, 2019 as required by state law.
- You can review assessment information and property record cards at the Vision Government Solutions website for Monroe at http://gis.vgsi.com/monroect.
- For more detailed information on the revaluation process please visit Monroe's revaluation site here.
- PA-490 Forest & Farmland Applications - Due By October 31
- Military veterans must have DD-214 filed with Town Clerk by October 1 to be eligible for Veterans exemptions on the corresponding Grand List year.
- All new construction must be inspected for the October 1 assessment date. Please contact the Assessor's Office at 203-452-2803 to schedule an appointment.
Office: (203) 452-2803
Fax: (203) 452-2253
Justin Feldman CCMA II
David Lisowski CCMA II
Phone: (203) 452-2800 Ext 1004
Exemptions & Tax Relief
Phone: (203) 452-2800 Ext 1005
Personal Property & Motor Vehicle
Phone: (203) 452-2800 Ext 1003