To protect the public health, safety and general welfare of the community by providing administrative and professional technical services to the Planning and Zoning Commission, Inland Wetlands Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, associated local boards and commissions, federal agencies, state agencies, and the general public, in order to assist the Town in guiding the orderly development and use of land to provide housing and employment opportunities; to stabilize the property tax base; to foster and enhance the visual image and vernacular character of the Town; and to protect wetlands and watercourses, open space and areas of sensitive and unique natural resources within the Town.
Primary Programs & Services
- In accordance with the recommendation of the Town Planner, the Inland Wetlands functions have been incorporated into the Planning & Zoning Department to further streamline process, improve efficiency, and provide better customer service.
- Administrative and professional technical services to the Planning and Zoning Commission, Inland Wetlands Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals and related enforcement capacities under the combined Zoning & Wetlands Enforcement Officer.
- Land use development application review and processing, and enforcement/permitting inspections, compliance assessment, reports and legal coordination with Town Attorney.
- Responsible for and provides hands‐on support services to Town residents and property owners, developers and institutional/civic organizations, as well as the Planning and Zoning Commission, Inland Wetlands Commission and Town initiatives and projects.
- Study and administration of matters relating to the physical, social and economic planning and coordinated development of the Town in accordance with the Town Charter, Plan of Conservation and Development, Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Regulations, Zoning Regulations and Subdivision Regulations.
- Preparation of draft amendments to Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Regulations, Zoning Regulations and Subdivision Regulations, as well as other Town Ordinances.
- Maintenance of the official Town Plan of Conservation and Development (POCD), Official Zoning Map, Zoning Regulations, Subdivision Regulations and Street Index.
- Public and intra‐agency government assistance and referral consideration.
- Regulations – Review and preparation of draft amendments to Zoning Regulations .
- Agency Coordination – Public and intra-agency government assistance and referral consideration.
- Zoning Regulations
- Zoning Map with Overlay
- Subdivision Regulations
- Affordable Housing Plan, 2021-2026
- Open Space Plan (Updated 2021)
Rick Schultz, AICP
Phone: (203) 452-2812
Planning and Zoning Administrator
Phone: (203) 452-2800 x1051