It is the mission of the Monroe Registrars of Voters (ROV) office to guarantee every eligible Monroe voter the opportunity to cast his/her vote in a safe and private environment; to maintain accurate records; to conduct fair and open elections and to remain impartial in all matters.
Primary Programs & Services
- Registers voters from DMV, online, and in‐person applications; ensures accuracy of voting records, conducts annual voter canvass, and maintains accurate records for the over 13,000 registered voters in Monroe.
- Oversees the operation of the polls during general elections, primaries, referenda, town meetings and adjourned town meetings; appoints and trains election officials; prepares polling places; and conducts Election Day Registration.
- Responsible for the maintenance, testing and security of the optical scan voting machines, the ballot marking systems for disabled voters and all other equipment used in elections.
- Conducts mandated voter enrollment sessions before elections and special high school student (age 17) registration sessions.
- Collaborates with the Town Clerk's office to ensure the availability, eligibility and accurate counting of Absentee Ballots.
- Represents Monroe at mandated Registrars of Voters Association of Connecticut (ROVAC) and Secretary of State Conventions; Fairfield County ROVAC meetings, and any other special sessions required by the Secretary of State's office.
Register to Vote Online!
You can register to vote online at the link below if you have a CT driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver ID card issued by the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles: voterregistration.ct.gov
Are You a Registered Voter? Click here to check.
This link can also be used to confirm your current party affiliation and polling place location.
News & Announcements
Budget Referendum May 2, 2023 Official Results
YES: 923 (55.9%)
NO: 728 (44.1%)
HELP MONROE VOTE!
Monroe is very fortunate to have excellent Poll Workers. They are people we can depend upon to ensure safe, accurate, secure and accessible elections. We are actively looking to add additional Poll Workers to our ranks for all positions and all elections/referenda.
Click here for more info and to fill out a Poll Worker Interest Form.
This is a wonderful opportunity for community service - and to do your civic duty while getting paid. HELP MONROE VOTE!
VOTER REGISTRATION SUMMARY
12,828 Registered Voters
194 Other (Independent, Libertarian, Working Families, etc.)
Data accurate as of 5/11/2023
Katherine A. B. Briggs (D)
Gary E. Zenobia, Deputy (D)
Debra Dutches (R)
Dennis Condon, Deputy (R)
Registrars' Office Hours:
Tues: 9am - 12pm
Thursday: 12pm - 3pm
Phone: (203) 452-2820
Town Clerk's Office Hours:
Mon - Thurs: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Friday: 8:30am - 1:30pm
Phone: (203) 452-2811