The mission of the Monroe Town Clerk’s Office is to provide the citizens of Monroe quality service in a courteous and efficient manner while conforming to State of Connecticut General Statutes, Secretary of the State of Connecticut and the Monroe Town Charter. Additional responsibilities include elections administration, act as the registrar of vital statistics, service veterans in conjunction with the Connecticut Department of Veterans Affairs, manage public records, maintain and publish municipal ordinances/town code, notice and record Town Meetings and act as custodian of the official Town Seal. The office is a resource for boards, commissions and elected officials.
Primary Programs & Services
- Recording and permanently storing land records and maps.
- State’s agent for permits and certificates and registrar of vital statistics. Issuance of liquor permits, notary public certificates, hunting and fishing licenses, trade name certificates, birth, marriage and death certificates, burial permits and dog licenses.
- Elections law administration through the Secretary of the State of Connecticut. Generates documents involving absentee ballots, sample ballots, creating the list of offices to be filled, candidate committees and campaign financing and legal ads.
- Serves as the Veterans Service Contact for the Connecticut Department of Veterans Affair.
- Manage appointed and elected officials term dates. Keeper of the record for agendas, voting records and minutes of boards and commissions following the Freedom of Information Act.
- Maintain Municipal Ordinances/Town Code as well as clerk for Town Meetings.
District Polling Locations
DISTRICT 1: FAWN HOLLOW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
DISTRICT 2: STEPNEY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
DISTRICT 3: MONROE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
DISTRICT 4: MASUK HIGH SCHOOL
Following is a list of qualifications that permit you to vote by absentee:
- Active Service in the Armed Forces of the United States
- Absence from the town of residence
- Religious tenets forbid secular activity on the day of the Primary
- Physical disability
Persons with questions are urged to call the Town Clerk's Office at (203) 452-2811 or email email@example.com
The Town Clerk’s Office is available between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Appointments are required for marriage licenses and research in the vault. Visit the homepage of our town's website at www.monroect.gov. Click on the link that brings you to the appointment scheduler.
Birth Certificates can be obtained by calling the office at 203-452-2811 where you will be instructed on the process.
Please feel free to call the office at 203-452-2811. You may also email Town Clerk's Office with questions or concerns. We will provide you with immediate assistance.
Our purpose is to provide you with information about services and more. As always, you are welcome to stop in, call or email us if you need further assistance. The Town Clerk’s Office is ALWAYS ready to be of service to you!
Monroe Town Clerk's Office
Monroe Town Hall - Room 201
7 Fan Hill Road
Monroe, CT 06468
Phone: (203) 452-2811
Fax: (203) 452-2253
Vida V. Stone, CCTC
Assistant Town Clerk
Sandra Maleski, CCTC
Assistant Town Clerk